I’m not a big breakfast person. I just don’t sit down in the morning and eat breakfast. If I have a few hours before work to wake up fully, drink a few cups of tea, then I would be a breakfast person. That’s why I love weekend brunch. I’m usually up by 9 and eating around 11am, the timing is great. But waking up at 7 and eating by7:30? Not a great match for me.
Vahid has been making me “Breakfast Tea” as I call it. It’s a version of a Bulletproof Coffee that he makes for himself. It’s great because I get to spend fifteen minutes before I have to leave for work sipping a nice filling tea rather than trying to choke down some eggs or toast. This fills me up and by the time lunch rolls around I’m hungry but not ravenous.
Below is a modified recipe of the traditional Bulletproof Coffee.
- 1 cup strongly brewed Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea
- 2 T butter
- 1 t raw cacao powder
- ¼ t vanilla powder
- 3 drops of liquid stevia
- Brew your tea (I like to let it steep for a good five or so minutes)
- To a Blender add: butter, cacao powder, vanilla powder, stevia
- Once tea is done brewing add tea
- Enjoy your lovely morning drink
What is your “go to” breakfast? Are you a big eater in the morning or do you have to wake up a bit first?